Gingerbread cookies are a staple of the holiday season. They are commonly shaped into gingerbread men and decorated with icing and the oh so delicious gumdrop buttons. That's cute and all, but we thought it was time that the gingerbread cookie put some work in at the gym. PODIUM Whey Gingerbread is the perfect thing to put a little juice into one of your favorite holiday traditions.
"Just like a normal gingerbread cookie, but more jacked."
GINGERBREAD PROTEIN COOKIES
1/4cup almond flour
3/4cup podium gingerbread protein powder (about 2 ¼ scoops)
1/2cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
1/3cup date syrup (or maple syrup)
1/2tsp vanilla extract
Dash of ginger
3/4cup powdered sugar (or monk fruit or alternative sweetener) [For OPTIONAL Icing]
1-2tablespoons milk of choice (start with 1 tablespoon and work up as needed) [For OPTIONAL Icing]
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together cashew butter, date syrup, and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until smooth.
5. If necessary, refrigerate the batter for 10-15 minutes, or until firm enough to roll into balls.
6. Roll into 12 balls. Push down to flatten slightly.