In the world of breakfast foods, there are a few sweet and savory staples. We've given you delicious, high protein pancakes and waffles, but there's one breakfast treat we have yet to tackle...until now. Today we bring you french toast. However, this isn't your grandma's french toast. No, this is a french toast bake, featuring PODIUM Whey Churro. Loaded with nutrients, this is sure to become one of your new go to breakfast items. Whether it's fueling up for your morning workout, or snacking on a late night treat, this recipe has you covered!
"...this isn't your grandma's french toast."
CHURRO FRENCH TOAST BAKE
6 slices bread
1 scoop PODIUM Whey Churro
⅓ C almond milk
¼ C zero-calorie pancake syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Spray a 9x9 baking dish or a pie dish with cooking spray.
2. Cube bread and place in baking dish.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, almond milk, protein powder, syrup, and cinnamon. Pour over bread.
4. Allow french toast to sit in the fridge at least 30 minutes (up to overnight) to absorb the egg mixture.
5. Bake 350 uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with syrup.